Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is looking forward to employ a biomedical support worker who is willing to join their community.
This is a very interesting and fascinating position.
If you would like to know more about this job opportunity, continue reading this article.
A small but active Human Research Tissue Bank (HRTB) team at CUH is looking for dedicated, energetic, and versatile people to fill a Biomedical Support Worker position.
The Human Research Tissue Bank offers unique tissue service to researchers on the Biomedical Research Campus, locally and internationally.
You’ll be eager to join a fun, talented team and handle work with a cheerful, mature attitude.
When working under the supervision of the Team Leader, you should pay careful attention to every detail and be able to adhere to established working protocols.
This critical role in the lab supports the department’s biomedical scientists on a regular basis.
- Assemble and move tissue bank samples around the biomedical research site
- Verify, collect, and properly label samples using the appropriate laboratory data management system(s), Epic, and Achiever Medical
- Manage stock levels of supplies in the tissue bank, picking up deliveries from the store
- Properly store and retrieve paraffin blocks and slides for the Tissue Bank and Research Support
- Mix the reagents, and keep the records
- Keep track of and record readings for temperatures, fume levels, and airflow
- While doing repairs on laboratory equipment, such as tissue processors, embedding centers, H&E staining machines, and cover slippers, observe the departmental established operating protocol and consult the team leader when needed
- Keep the workspace in a clean and orderly manner
- The required laboratory information management system (LIMS) should be updated with full and precise patient and sample data to support tracking and traceability.
Addenbrooke’s Hospital and the Rosie Hospital are both part of Cambridge University Hospitals (CUH) NHS Foundation Trust.
With more than 1100 beds and more than 11,000 employees, the Trust’s efforts are on providing high-quality care that puts people first—patients, employees, and associates.
The fact that we are acknowledged for providing “outstanding” care to our patients and are generally rated “Good” by the Care Quality Commissioner is evidence of the talent and commitment of all who work here.
The principles of CUH, Together – Safe, Kind, Excellent, are at the core of patient care and guide the actions and conduct of every employee.
The Trust offers affordable, high-quality healthcare to Cambridge residents as well as professional assistance for individuals from the local, national, and international communities suffering with uncommon or severe ailments.
CUH is dedicated to fostering an open and varied environment where each of us can be who we are.
We respect one another’s uniqueness and fervently promote a supportive workplace culture that allows each person to reach their greatest potential.
We want to make sure that all of the areas we serve are accurately represented by our workforce.
We gladly accept applications for all roles within our community no matter a person’s age, impairment, ethnicity, race, nationality, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, belief system, marriage and civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity status or social economic background.
This position will be filled until March 19, 2023.
Interviews are scheduled to take place the week beginning March 27, 2023.
In accordance with Home Office regulations, please be informed that the Trust sadly cannot give sponsorship for this specific role.
Benefits of Working with Us
We provide numerous perks, such as advancement potentials, on-site recreational amenities, a shopping center, day nurseries, and access to a first-rate transportation network with quick access to airports and train connections.
Occasionally, different working hours will be taken into account. The armed forces are also allowed to apply for this job.
- £20,270 – £21,318 annually
Conclusion – Biomedical Support Worker
The pre-analytical duties in a lab and some analytical processes are the main responsibilities of the biomedical support workers.
This is a lucrative and fulfilling career path you may want to consider.
Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is interested in employing biomedical support workers who are willing to join their organization.
If you are interested in this job, Click Here to Apply