- The deadline is November 15, 2022. (annual)
- Study in the United States
- The next course begins on July 1, 2023.
Brief explanation for AAUW International Fellowships in USA for Women:
The American Association of University Women (AAUW) awards International Fellowships to women who are not US citizens or permanent residents for full-time study or research in the US. Graduate and postgraduate studies at accredited universities are both supported.
- Institution(s) hosting: Accredited American educational institutions
- Level of study/Field(s) of study: Graduate and postgraduate studies at accredited institutions in the United States.
The number of awards is: It is not specified.
Group to target: Women who are not citizens or permanent residents of the United States. Women who have demonstrated a prior commitment to the advancement of women and girls through civic, community, or professional work are given preference.
Scholarship worth and inclusions:
- $20,000 for a Master’s/Professional Fellowship
- Fellowship for Doctoral Studies: $25,000
- Fellowship for Postdoctoral Research: $50,000
Eligibility for AAUW International Fellowships in USA for Women:
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for an International Fellowship:
• Have citizenship in a country other than the United States, or be in possession of a nonimmigrant visa if residing in the United States. Women who are currently or expect to be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or dual citizen of the United States and another country are not eligible.
• Have an academic degree (earned in the United States or abroad) equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in the United States completed by November 15, 2022.
• Intend to devote herself full-time to the proposed academic plan during the fellowship year
- Master’s/first professional degree and doctoral applicants must have applied to an accredited institution of study for the fellowship year by November 15, 2022, and must include the name of the institution in the International Fellowship application. While acceptance is not required at the time of application, fellows must include official institutional confirmation with their award acceptance materials.
• Postdoctoral applicants must provide proof of their doctorate degree; hold a doctorate classified as a research degree (e.g., Ph.D., Ed.D., D.B.A., D.M.) or an M.F.A. by 15 November 2022; and indicate where their research will be conducted.
• Master’s and doctoral applicants must be enrolled in a U.S. accredited institution in the United States during the fellowship year.
Instructions for use:
- Applications and supporting documentation are submitted online. The deadline for AY 2022-2023 applications is November 15, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. Time Zone: Pacific Standard Time
- It is critical to go to the official website (link provided below) to access the online application and to get the most up-to-date information on this scholarship/fellowship.
Official Scholarship Website: https://www.aauw.org/resources/programs/fellowships-grants/current-opportunities/international/